Thursday, May 10, 2012

Traveler's Log: Rant: Cant Stop Crazy


If you have been looking at the United States Muay Thai scene, there as been a movement that started. A movement that needed to happen in order for the sport to grow in the United States.  Can't Stop Crazy started as an idea and then grew in to a collective of some of the best fighters in the world and definitely the best fighters in the United States.

Through my hard work and dedication as a photographer, a fan, and a practitioner I was approached by Can't Stop Crazy to help start the branding. In my opinion there were a lot of boring in the gym photographs that every fight photographer was doing. Im not say all the gym photographs are wack, they are just repetitive and even the best guys doing the "Gym" shots are getting repetitive.  There are only so many times you can shoot a fighter at a gym. I'm a portrait photographer, and fine artist. I stumbled upon fight photography because I wanted to watch the fights.
 
I decided to do what I do best for this brand and create a campaign for them. The response was tremendous and it was like a breath of fresh air. These fighters wanted to take their branding to the next level and I wanted to show the world just a tad bit of what my potential is as an artist.
 The community has stated that I have pioneered and created something beautiful with my still and motion work. I am happy to see that there are more videos created by the community to give the fans and the fighters another avenue of exposure. In the next couple of months there will be releases of some great docs and some that are so so. There can not be good with out the bad. All in all its good for the sport.

As I sit at a Coffee Bean in Venice waiting for my Taxi to LAX, I am excited for the future of the sport. I have a specific vision in mind and I stick to it. Again, I can never thank the people in the sport enough but more than that the fans that have supported me even before I stepped foot in the scene.

Im leaving to Vegas early.. I'm working on something special...

be on the look out.
Thank you all
J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...