Monday, May 23, 2011

Asian Heritage Street Fesitval 2011


This past Saturday, San Francisco held the Asian Heritage Street Festival in the the streets of the city. It was a great way to experience culture, taste some street food and watch martial arts. What I found really refreshing was that there were Karate, Arnis, and Muay Thai point competitions. What I didnt like was the judges and how they felt some of the competitors were using "excessive power." It's Muay Thai man.. and they have full protective gear. I understand at a young age, power needs to be regulated, but at the 15-18 years of age bracket, that rule should be excused. I understand the reasoning for this, there were alot of spectators and I know they want Muay Thai to be more accepted. But removing the sweep and only having 3 knees in the clinch before being separated is not really muay thai in my most humble and honest opinion. It was beautiful to see martial arts, not just Muay Thai celebrated on the streets of San Francisco.












































No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...