Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Its Been A Year...



It has been a year since my Tito Danny passed away. Time flies by so quickly that we get caught up in our lives, good or bad. After looking at this project and the people in it, I feel very grateful that I was able to capture these photographs.
At first, I didnt know how people would take my body of work, is it too personal, is it really sad? It is all of that. It is beautiful work and shows how I feel. This was a turning point in my work as an artist. I am able to speak through photography, and articulate my self.

Through out this year, I have been blessed with the opportunity to speak about my work in front of industry professionals, galleries and artists. I have received nothing but praise and I am very honored. It shows that work from the heart is well received and the work you are most shy about will sometimes be your best.

Each time I speak about my work, the story of my family and my uncle lives on, he lives on through my photography. I wanted to send a big thank you to all those that took time to look at my work, talk about my work, given me the chance to showcase my work, and most of all I would like to thank my family, it is through them that this work is created.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...