Friday, January 15, 2010

Ventosa (cupping)

Not two girls one cup. I believe I have a pinched nerve. The past couple of days I have been feeling some intense pain reminiscent of a bruised rib. The back spasm is tolerable but now my neck feels unbearable.
My mother recommended Ventosa. It deals with heat and suction of the muscle near the spine. Usually dealing with heat and a glass cup. My mother's method entails an old school method of wrapping a nickel in a small piece of cloth, tying it, dipping the end (or wick) in oil. Once the wick is created, you place the wick on the body and light it. Once the wick catches fire, you place the glass on top of the wick there for removing the oxygen in the glass causing a suction of the muscle.

Here is a video I found, but they use a heated glass versus a home made wick. Others have used tea candles.

2 comments:

Chris and Chat Spa and Facial Care said...

Interesting article Jeff! This worked for my wife too. She frequently has tired and sore upper back muscles. I saw the lump inside the glass on her back gradually shrink towards the end of the session. To see is to believe!

I wrote an article about this too in my blogspot at http://SpaAndFacialCareCenter.blogspot.com/

Jeff Dojillo said...

amazing. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...